Dance Fitness and God. who knew.


This whole health and fitness blogging thing started with the goal of making it through ONE DAY making healthy choices. Workout, Eat Right, Rest Right.... it all seemed so simple but so difficult.

I havent had time for much of anything this summer. I have been very busy. GOOD Busy. A busy I never dreamed of. This summer has been filled with Personal Training sessions and Dancing for HOURS with kids, grownups and myself LOL. I have LOVED every minute. LOVED!

The bad news is I have pretty much given up the running life. My life as a runner is on hold for a while, and thats ok. I have mourned my love of running, those quiet hours of the early morning when I was alone with God and the world. But you know whats cool? When we focus on making sure we combine mind, body, and soul in our health and fitness programs, GOD shows UP!

What I missed desperately was my time with God. Music in my ears, blasting praises to him, refocusing my mind and soul and challenging me to be more, better, faster, stronger.

Injury isn't fun. Injury is frustrating and i have cried many tears over my lack of mileage, you see... I WAS A RUNNER!
HOW DOES A RUNNER NOT RUN?
Yet again, I found out that GOD new what he was doing in my life. I decided to let go of my dreams and see if God had other plans. Explaining how running hurt so badly but dancing didn't.... i didnt get it... So confused. Running my body was use too and it hurt my leg, foot to do it. But dancing... i had NO PAIN when dancing.

Dancing.
me.
HAHAHAHAHA

Its a joke. How can it be. God using ME AND DANCING? Bahahahahahahahaha!

You see, dancing wasnt aloud when I was growing up. Dancing meant drugs, alcohol, sex, and becoming a person of no self control.  All the while I LOVED music, I loved to dance alone in my room when no one knew. But dancing... it was just dancing. and DEFINATELY NOT anything to do with God.

So here I am 44 years old.... 15 months into my Zumba certifications ( of which i have 4) ... and 16 months into my groupX and personal trainer certifications and what has GOD DONE?
He allowed me (ME) to show others how Christians can HAVE FUN, EXERCISE AND PRAISE HIM AT THE SAME TIME.

wowowowowhoa. HOLD THE PHONE!

those things aint spose to happen all at the same time.
(so i thought for most of my life) ha

I just finished up 4 weeks of working with ACU Leadership Camps, leading Kids, Staff and Volunteers in Christian Dance Fitness.  We Roared LIke a Lion (Gods not Dead-newsboys), Jumped (Lecrea), Said NO MORE (Beckah Shae), and wondered where we would be without God, in Me Without You (Tobymac) .. and more.

Whats cool about all this is God took it and BLEW MY MIND with it all.
Comments from kids all ages and grownups... Our time together was FUN.... it was energetic.... and it was so very blessed. I had moments of JOY, moments of peace, moments of thankfulness, moments of praise .. you name it .... it was there.

This past week was my second week of double camp...... I taught 11 dance fitness sessions in 4 days.  By the 4th night I felt like I had run 26.2 miles. (did this twice this summer)
and then I got it.

I understood why I was a runner... I was a runner for the mental toughness it brought. If I had never run  half or full marathons I NEVER would have been able to do what I did with Camps. Physically and Mentally EVERYTHING I compare to that 26.2 miles i completed. EVERYTHING is easier than that.

What have I learned from this summer with Camps? Well, I am still processing it all .... but I do know that God used that precious time to show me that dancing with my heart, mind and soul is the ONLY way to go. Being able to share the JOY of Christ thru fitness, be it running, or dancing, or bootcamp, or  ............
that is what its all about.

I believe I have found my ministry, where I am suppose to be....
for now.

Because You see... From runner, to dancer..... I have learned one very important lesson.
NOT to limit  myself and what God can do and what he will use to change my life and the impact it will have on others. BLOWS MY MIND!

I am now looking forward to the Fall Semester .. where I will teach zumba twice a week, zumba toning twice a week, and .... a Womens Aerobics Class FOR CREDIT! ... I will also continue to do personal training... which is a WHOLE other topic I need to blog about...

Is my running life over? no.... but it IS on hold for a while, which is fine by me. I am happy to dance my cares away just as use to run and leave it all on the trail. I still have goals .. the biggest which is to run a 50 miler for my 50TH BIRTHDAY... but I am content to let go of my dream if need be and see what God has in store.

Until next time...
TURN ON SOME MUSIC AND DANCE!












Comments