Tears for what should be.......being ok with where your at

I am a pretty up beat person... I dont cry much... I have LOTS to be thankful for.... but today (and probably tomorrow).. I will be ok with crying.... I will be ok with being a bit sad.

Tomorrow is July 4th. Independence day... Its the day in my year that has become something I look forward too.... The past 4 years I have run 13.1 miles on July 4th. Its a tradition I started and thought I would never miss. .... but... here I am sad about tomorrow.

Part of becoming healthy and fit means we have to find balance. I had to do this when I was just starting out.... figuring out how not to push too hard and knock myself out of the game for 4 days because of soreness. I had to figure out how to manage life and family and illness. Its a tricky thing to figure out .... you see this weight loss business is soooo much more mental than physical. I could physically loose weight but to keep it off I had to deal with whats between my two ears.

And here I am again. Mournful I cannot run. I miss it terribly. I have to be ok with running rest right now... I must. .... So here is how I decided to look at it. Maybe, just maybe this has happened, just like all my other illness and injuries for a reason. Maybe this is happening to make me a better trainer, a better coach, and more unique than I already am.

So I take a deep breath and realize this is just another season. I am thankful I am more fit today than yesterday and I am getting stronger with every week that passes. I am thankful zumba is gentle on my heel spur and good for my mind.

  Disappointment and sadness I know someday there will be joy... Someday I will complete another 4 miler, or 10 miler...  26.2, someday I will do 50miles, ... and all the sweeter those miles will be. They will not be taken for granted and they will not be done out of a need to prove anything.... they will be completed because of the love I have for the sport of running.... for the confidence and mental and spiritual balance it brings to my life.

someday will be here before I know it.

Comments