Wasted Time (updated)

I feel like I have wasted so much time. Winter always does it to me it seems... if its not the cold here its the stupid wind.... I miss running outside on warm early mornings when the stars are still out. I miss looking forward to running, laying out my clothes the night before and heading out the door when everyone else is still asleep. I miss my alone time.
It seems like every year I just squeak by in Jan and Feb.... I dream of warm weather and no wind. Nice long runs when all is caught up at the house and I have no reason to rush back.

Truth is life is just busy busy. Homeschooling 3 kids, coaching, teaching fitness class and teaching at a homeschool coop makes a girl busy and working to squeeze in the much needed run.
So I come here ready to refocus ... planning on doing my 13.1 this coming Saturday and determined to make March a wonderful running month for me. In the summer/fall I run 6 days a week... in the past 2 months i manage to squeeze in only 2 or 3 days.

I will head out later this afternoon for 4 to 6 miles in my new shoes :)  I hope to add new music to my ipod this week and focus on getting out the door more consistently. If the weather doesnt cooperate I will make sure and run on the dread mill.... I MUST get back in the swing... I miss it.

When I dont run my over all energy level goes way way down. I start having low blood pressure and low energy issues, I start feeling like the old me.
You would think that after what.. 4 of this I would figure it out.... I wouldnt bobble... I would remember why I started running in the first place. Its my medicine, my stress relief, my de-cafinated energy, and my relaxation.

After all this time its still as hard and as simple as its always been:
CHOOSING to lace up the shoes and get moving before the head hits the pillow every night.


Thoughts on my run:

You know your a runner when you get back from a not so good run and think tomorrow will be better!

Just finished 4.25 miles.
It sucked.
well.. not all of it...
My new shoes didnt suck.. they were great.
My heal didnt suck... it didnt even hurt..
the wind? sucked
The wind blowing in my fast no matter where I turned? sucked. (only in west texas do you have constant circular winds) 
My bouncing baby belly skin? sucked.
My hamstring that is sore from doing a rowing race on a rowing machine with my husband (who beat me by the way).. sucked.
Having to stop and stretch my hammy so often... sucked.
Looking down and realizing my legs were so very hairy? sucked.
Having a 30 something man run past me pushing a jogging stroller? sucked. 

coming home knowing I just ran 4.25 miles when I didnt feel like it?
knowing that my next run will be much better/ easier?
having just left a bit of stress on the trail?
being able to breath easier?

well... thats pretty nice.

Comments