update :)

This week is going great. I was a bit sore from being on my feet so long on Saturday so I have been resting and just doing slight jogs with no mileage. I have, however been doing the Pushup Challenge again :) I started Monday in week 3 day one as my test recomended. Monday I did a total of 89 pushups during the workout and about the same yesterday for day 2. I am hoping that in 3 weeks I will be able to do 100 straight with no breaks. We will see if it works this time and I dont get side  tracked :) LOL

After pushups yesterday I worked out at the fitness center doing back, abs, bis, and legs... I only did sets of 15, 12 and 10 with no burnouts since its been a while since I lifted. The plan is to lift weights and do pushups on MWF and run TThSat. I will also be doing some biking and other equipments on my lifting days to warm up.

Exciting news... I will be a personal trainer at the rec center this next semester! Its so exciting and strange at the same time that its seems I have reached a goal I set long long ago. When I first began working out and trying to get fit I had a desire to help others do the same. As the years have gone by and I have enjoyed coaching the kids and training people for half marathons, I have learned a lot. I still have lots more to learn but I am so excited about the future and its possibilities!

I am off to teach biology to the kids and then up to the center for a bit of cardio  :) These sore muscles need to get up and move  :)

thanks for reading!

and a quote for today :)

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. -Michael Jordan

Comments

Anonymous said…
love that quote!