the good kinda sore.

Its so nice to be the good kinda sore.... you know the feeling that you worked out hard, are sore from it but you can still move.. that is what I am today :) It's nice.

Yesterday I completed week 4 day 1 of the pushup challenge.... I managed 5 sets of mens pushups...
When I tested I did 20 pushups.. this put me in the first column for my plan.... when i started last week the first column was a bit too easy so I decided to try the second column. So now I really in the 2.5 column HA... cause the middle is too much and the first is too little....
Here is what I did last night:
first column said to do: 12, 14, 11, 10, 16
The second column said to do: 18 22 16 16 25
I ended up doing: 18, 15, 15, 15, 10 .. the set of ten was pretty sad... and was because I was hungry and ran out of fuel :) ha.  But the good news is I was tired when i was done. :)
So I am not sure what I will do tomorrow but will prob stick with  my own 2.5 imaginary plan HA. I have to do another test at the end of this week.... will be fun to see how many I can do.



I plan to run today... a min of 4 miles.
My monthly plan for trying to do 13 half's in 13 months is like this:
  • during the week run 4 to 6 miles ave at least 4 days during the week (depending on if I need rest from long run saturday)
  • First Saturday of the month and 1st after my 13 (4 to 6 miles)
  • Second Sat of the month 8 miler
  • Third Saturday 10 miler
  • Forth Saturday 13 miler. 
I will do the half either the last saturday OR sometime between the last saturday and the last day of the month, depending on when i can fit it in and how I am feeling.

My goal here is to complete the distance.. I will have months where I feel great and will run the whole 13.1 and other months where life will get in the way.... when this happens I am open to walking all if I have to to complete the distance.

With my long range Goal (when I turn 50) ... to do a 50 miler.... I want to begin challenging myself to be consistent and gradually make longer distances not such a big deal for me. I have a few years to get to 50 miles  :) It is kinda freaky to think I will be doing 13.1 thirteen months straight when I use to train for months to just do one 13.1 .... what am I becoming!?? ha


I am off to study for my group fitness instruction.... and must plan for teaching history class thats coming up as well as get our biology done for the day.....

hope your day is wonderful!
Thanks for reading.

Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can’t buy. – Izaak Walton

Comments