What day is it raw?? lost count...

Ok... I think I am a bit of a habit ... cause I have lost count what day it is... I havent had perfect ... more on that later...  :) ... for now I am happy with what I have done... smoothies, salads, but more importantly I am finding cooked, processed foods, when I have eaten them don't satisfy me anymore. HA... 
My to go cup of smoothie:)

hour run on dreadmill.

after my hour run on dreadmill...
 See the sweat??? I was DRENCHED! ..
Here is a smoothie I ate one evening.... after a run.. I ate the whole thing!
 While at the library I picked up the only books they had on Raw Vegan.... fun pretty pictures... but the foods a bit to fancy for my tastes. :)

So here is the low down on my foods this week.. As far as cooked foods I had a mexican food platter ... tonight I had two slices of pizza... ... and a few nights ago ate organic rice n veggies as a meal...

Here are the issues I have.... I HATE eating out... well... I like eating out at Jasons Deli... (organic salad bar) or Chillies (I have eaten salad there and havent had any stomach issues).... but any other place I dont trust how well they keep, protect and keep safe the raw food I will be eating. So usually when i eat out... I choose cooked. have had too many stomach aches from what I believe is from contaminated salads. So I just can't eat salads at some places.

The other issue is not having my supper prepared and ready to go.. esp on the evenings when we have track practice. I need to be more prepared and organized. I am NOT good at organized.

So... over all i am thrilled with my Raw Vegan 90% eating. ha... focusing on progress.. no perfection. What I love is that other foods doNOT satisfy me like raw does. I am now CRAVING my salads like I crave smoothies. :) wow.

Planning on Raw tomorrow... and the next and the next. :) ... but understand life will get in the way and thats ok.

You know.... I thought something when i was running my 45 min recovery run yesterday... the run felt GREAT I felt LIKE A RUNNER>.. and I thought... "what we do/eat MOST of the time is what we become"... If I run with consistency and joy.... I become a joyful runner.... If I eat cooked, processed and nutrient deficient foods... then that is what I become, a low energy, dry, chemically depended person... If i eat RAW Vegan... most of the time, organic, rich, nutrient filled, clean... that is what  become... organic, energy filled, clean n healthy...
so... after its all said and done.. if I can look back on my day and know that what I did the majority of the day was taking me to being healthy, energetic and fit .. then I shall not complain or be down on myself.

On the running front... I have run more miles so far his week than I have in my life ever. So far I am up to about 28 miles for this week...
sunday- 10 miles
Monday- 5.5 miles
Tues- 8 miles
Wednesday- 4 miles
Thursday- 1.5 miles (sprints)
tomorrow-- hour n 45 min run... which should be about 11 miles...
This will put my mileage close to 40 miles this week.

WHAT? .... what have i become? This plan I am on was given to me by our head coach... I am not sure why how or what he expected me to do when he surprised me with this weeks assignments... but I do know for sure.. i have surprised myself. I had no idea my body was ready for this amount of mileage... i have been running the same miles each week for prob a year...
It will take a while to wrap my head around the fact that I am ...... A RUNNER. .. i mean.. like a higher mileage runner.... a runner who goes out and runs for an hour for FUN. ... What have i become?

me... july 20 2006:
"had a good run this morning.. went 2miles had a problems with my music on the ipod ... I think that will be something I will buy soon is a new ipod. I would love to have one with a strap to put on my arm so when I run I can just have the ear piece on.. I LOVE running to music.. might post my playlist sometime :)"

2miles was a very very long way. 

Comments