Food. What a blessing, what a curse.

It feels like summer in Colorado this morning! The windows are open and the cool crisp clean air is flowing in! Our Tree (to the left.. is starting to loose its leaves :( .... Winter is on its way I know... I have to get ready.

I had a great run this morning.... SPRINTS.. yikes. Nothing like a beautiful sunrise and a nauseating sprint workout to make you day start off fantastic!did abwork when I came home and will do pushups after I eat my breakfast :)

I am happy to report my stomach is feeling GREAT! I had oatmeal for supper last night and a bit of a protein shake before bed.

It is amazing to me the difference I feel when I eat right! When I eat the way I know I should. Which is radical compared to the rest of society!! ... When I eat small amounts, very very little meat, lots of veggies/fruit and whole grains and nuts.......I feel fantastic!
Breakfast this morning was whole grain old fashioned oatmeal cooked with water and added a tad of milk after cooking, honey, sprinkly of cinn. and almonds! and of course my hot English tea!! :)

My taste buds are a changing again! One thing I have noticed is that my salted almonds seem really really really salty to me now.


Food. What a blessing, what a curse. 
I have always always LOVED food. Thought about food, planned things around food... When i was little I would save $ so I could ride my bike to 7-11 and get candy. I use to beg daddy to go to get donuts on Saturday. When I was in Jr Hi I would eat cheerios for breakfast (like 5 bowls!) and then get a bag of doritoes and candy bar for lunch. Highschool was a struggle... I hated pretty much every minute of school but I loved candy and fast food. My Sr year I was so tired of being chubby I pretty much stopped eating. A coke here... a candy bar there... a glass of dry cheerios and a can of coke.... I would crawl in bed at night so hungry but exhausted that the thought of eating made me sick.
Thank goodness had college to look forward too! When in college I lived on Cokes. Fruitloops and breads. I met my hubby and when we would go out on dates I thought I should eat as much as he did! HE WAS A FOOTBALL PLAYER! I was literally  half his size.. but yes... going out to eat meant I wanted to eat as much as i could because I hadnt eating anything alllll day!!! I had such a warped since of being thin. I wanted to be thin to be "pretty" to fit in my clothes. I had NO Idea what I was really doing to myself. The mood swings, the depression, and then the "shocking" diagnosis of Hypoclycemia when i was a Sophomore. Passing out in the dorm gets you noticed by the director you know.... she makes you go to the dr. LOL....

Did I have any idea of what food was capable of? Did I have any idea of its ability to fuel and heal? Did i have any knowledge of all the problems I was bringing on myself? NO. For me.. food was a curse. I had to eat to live... but if i ate like everyone else then I would be fat. miserable.

How did my idea of food and  nutrition get soooo warped? I really think my story is more common than not. How many teenage girls do you know who have a good idea of nutrition, how foods effect you??? not many.

Society sends mixed signals. Be beautiful, be skinny... but eat anything you want. Commercials on tv prove this fact. NO WONDER we are a nation of overweight, obese... and what of the food disorders like bulimia and anorexia .

We have made food sooooo complicated. God didnt make it that complicated.

The additives, the variety, the low nutrient but wonderfully tasting foods... The world is leading us to early graves! We are a society of stressed out, exhausted, frustrated food junkies.
To be HEALTHY IS TO BE A REBEL!
To be healthy is to THOUGHT OF AS AN OUTCAST, AS ODD. 

If I eat healthy, choosing a apple over a donut.... it does something to other people.(weird) It makes people feel guilty. Why? I have had people come up to me and say "oh you are eating so much better than me,... you are being so "good"." ........Yeah.... I am a rebel. I am totally eating THIS because I want YOU to feel bad. (NOT!)....

There comes a point where you have to chose to be healthy cause your sick and tired of being sick and TIRED. Because your tired of feeling like CRAP. Because your tired of your stomach ruling your day. Your tired of not having any energy, being lethargic and sick. Some people in this world will never wake up and realize what they are doing to themselves. The pop pills, going to the Dr year after year asking for help... never bothering to look to themselves for the solution. It so sad to me. I use to be that person. I was in denial for so long. It bothers me that so many are so lost. But I cannot doing anything about them. I can only control what I put in my body. I can only choose for me. I can encourage, try to motive and be who I am. I can tell my story and let God do with it what he wishes.





this is lunch.... fresh onion, zucchini, spinach, tomato,  organic brown rice, topped with sunflower seeds! :)

Comments