no one wants too all the time

I havent met a runner yet who doesnt have those days or weeks where they just dont want too.
Today was my day.

I have planned a 12 miler... but two late nights in a row left me with nothing to do but sleep in this morning. And left me with a I DONT WANT TOO attitude. I dressed for a run anyway. I just didnt feel like it today.

I left the house deciding that a run would make me feel better and if anything I could atleast do a easy 4 miles and be happy with that........but I still didnt want to.

Once i got going I felt better. I started going faster and quickly changed my mind from an easy 4 to a fast and hard 2. I ran the first mile and the second mile I ran (sprints) and alternated doing pushups as "rest".

Back at home I am drenched with sweat (its sooo humid these days here!) and feeling much better. I am happy I went even if it was only for 15 mins.

Our plans sometimes get shoved to the side but that doesnt mean we cant be happy with what we CAN do today :)

I am off now to do situps and have a goal of 100 pushups total for the day. so far i am up to 40. :)

On a musical note.. I found some fun new songs :)



There is a song by Soul Survivor called Join with the Angels. If you search that whole name you will find the "mix" version of the song below...
I loved it!

Comments

Sarah said…
I don't want to anymore. I don't know that I will EVER want to again. I'm in a tough season of life emotionally, we are in a tough season of life physically hauling kids all over hither and yon (not that I know where a hither OR a yon is!), it simply WILL NOT cool off, and this stupid weather has kept me in a headache for 5 days. I do not like running anymore. I don't like much of anything besides sleeping anymore. That is all.