"GOOD MORNING MA LADY"

I didnt know if I could make 13.1 this morning or not.. but thought I would try. Good news is.....I tried. Bad news is.....I only made 6 miles.

WAIT!

STOP THAT THOUGHT!

how can SIX miles be "bad news?" . :)

here's how my run went down:

woke up twice in the middle of the night, sore throat.
alarm went off at 4:15am.........ugh. tired. OH but my throat is bettttter!
dressed and headed to campus.
it was dark, overcase and cool. Perfect for running... except it was HUMID. (ick)
I ran 4 miles and then stopped to get some gatoraid and a bit of energy bar and headed back out.
BUT ....had to make a pit stop. URGH> my tummy was no co-operating.
After the potty stop i headed back out. I felt pretty good on mile 5.....but mile six started to loose energy. I kept feeling hot and cold and hot and cold. although my throat was not hurting my ears were bothering me.
so.
I decided to quit. Today 6 miles had to be good enough :)

As I was finishing up lap 2 around campus.. a mens social club was out of thier morning run. I said "good job guys" and in unison.....LOUD they yelled "GOOD MORNING MA LADY!"
It made me grin :)

a nice way to start the day even if your not 100%
I am off to shower ,eat and prob go back to bed :)

blessings
r

OH... I will try for 13.1 Friday (my birthday)

Comments