5 mile and CC report




I had a great 5 miler yesterday morning before 7am! Its been long time since I ran in the early morning darkness... and I loved it!

I did experiment a bit with eats when i was running... every 2 miles I took a small bite of energy bar and a swig of gatoraide. This seemed to really help my energy level when I was running! I felt great at the end.... well, tired.. but great. I finished in an hour but stopped and stretched for a good while and stopped twice for snacks.... I just decided I would run for an hour and see how far I got keeping it a quick pace but also making sure I took the time to stretch really well. My hip was a bit ache last night .. but today is fine.

I have decided to skip 12 miles in my training. And plan on doing 13.1 on Tuesday the 21st, a few days before my birthday. My hubby has something planned so I am not to have any planned activities on my birthday .

In other news.... I bought some new running shorts today :) the photo doesnt show very well but htey are florescent yellow and black! :) funny how a new pair o shorts makes a girl wanna go for a run! :) hehee.
One of the funnest things about my running.. is its something my kids and i all have in common now! such a blessing! Today my dd went with me to academy and we shopped for running clothes the whole hour! :) soooo fun! she came home with more than me! (as she has been saving her own money to buy new shorts! :) (a girl after my own heart!)

My kids ran in a cc meet this past weekend and all of them had new PRs! I am sooo proud of them, but not surprised cause they have been working sooooo hard all summer!


Above J finishing with a new pr of 8:44 in the mile. At last year CC meet he ran it in 10:44


Here is Cat finishing. Her new pr of 6:18 for the mile! her previous pr was 6:45.

Here is Nate finishing in 6:39...the mile..... his old pr was 7:01

Comments