10 miles of Tummy Ache

Well. I was hoping for a fantastic run today in beautiful weather.
the weather was GREAT
my run. not so much.

first two miles: really tight but finally loosened up
miles 4-5: feeling a bit better BOOM at 4.5 miles my stomach started yelling at me
(took a potty break for 10 mins but my stomach just hurt so i decided to run another lap and see how it went)
mile 6-7 : tummy cramps throughout walked and jogged most
(another potty stop.. after another 10 mins.. felt better)
miles 8-9: My tummy felt better but i had NO energy... i walked 2 miles with Stacy (one of the awesome gals in our group) and then ran- walked the rest..
mile 10: ran walked it... had to stop and rest even cause I was so tired... lungs felt great but my body just felt awful.


so...
it was a lesson today ' how to run when you dont feel good'

I know its mostly because my schedule and lack of sleep the past 2 weeks is effecting me a lot... so I am happy that I finished and am looking forward to brighter days with more rest! :)

Comments

oh man, i have BEEN there! Hope the next run is better!
Josha said…
All better? Lots of virus going on at my house. I feel like my kids have all gone at least 10 miles with tummy aches!
Amy said…
That's too bad - take good care of yourself so you get back to feeling better soon!
Karen said…
Good job powering through! No fun to run when you are feeling bad but don't you feel awesome for getting it done :)