Its just part of life now

so...

today I had co-op all day. I was tired ... all day. didnt sleep well. But this afternoon we had track practice at 530 and wouldnt you know it.. after running 3 miles I felt GREAT! I ran with my son Jo who.... 18 months ago couldnt run 50 yards. He has been running 3 miles the last few weeks and is getting stronger and stronger. I am so very proud of him! What a joy and what fun we had running tonight.. talking, laughing, complaining about a side stitch, laughing, talking... and so on... less thatn 30 mins later we were done! What a joy! (eventhough a front came through and the wind was blowing and it was in the upper 40s!.. we layered ourselves up and had lots of fun!... ME fun in the cold.. huh?) After our run we did lots of stretching and some other leg exercises.. felt great!

funny how this running is all just a part of my life now. It use to be so very hard. But now.... now its like brushing my teeth.. ... its just what I do.

dont know how long this "phase" will last.. I know that life will throw things my way and it will get in the way....
so i am just trying to really enjoy the running and how its just what I do now.

-----

I am looking forward to running my long run on Saturday.. :) hope the weather is nice and sunny for it though!

Comments

Unknown said…
sounds like so much fun! keep up that attitude!
Great that your son is sharing in the healthy lifestyle!
Josha said…
I'm so smiley thinking of Joseph running 3 miles with you! Tell him that I'm so impressed!