Motivating youself... Goals.. and 4 miles long run done

did my 4 miles.. wanted to post this really fast.. before i get to making breakfast.. I have thoughts for a longer post i will do after we eat....
4 miles was hard.. but i did it.

ok.. breakfast's done :) now i can write for a minute before hitting the attic and getting things down for our garage sale in the morning :)

The run was not the best i ever did by any means .. this morning. I lacked energy, i was sore from wednesdays sprints and i felt tired. I also wore too many shirts.. i was hot!.. :) heres the way it turned out

ran a mile (warmup)
stretched
ran 2 more miles (walking just a few times)
stretched again and reallllly needed to take off a layer.. so i went to the bathroom and took off my undershirt (ahh.. thats better)
then i went out and did 1 more mile.

dont know why i had to talk myself through this one so much.. ..I think it has to do with not eating well yesterday (pizza party for lunch, and a few too many oatmeal cookied )

OK

now for the other stuff...

I was looking at previous posts and found THIS

Looking back to almost a year ago and seeing what i had worked so hard for. I was 120lbs, and lean, strong and fit! I had reached my goal...
Its interesting to me that I had no idea how fit I was then... Leaving me to realize what have i learned from the last year of floundering in injury and illness.....I have learned to appreciate my health, I have learned to appreciate my body and what it can do. I am thankful and praise God every workout that nothing hurts and that I can push myself and move!

Looking back is very motivating. I am determined even more today to be that fit person again... to be lean and strong ... I will cherish every workout and know that someday i will be there again.

My goal:
by June 26th i will be 120 again... lite on my feet to run that half and love every step :)

Comments

Josha said…
You are still lean and strong and fit. And you will become as lean and strong and fit as you were then again. Sometimes hard stuff brings us to a point of appreciating that we would never reach otherwise! KK's autism, for example. I now know to appreciate every little development in my children and to celebrate every look and mispronounced word and just that he will let me hug him sometimes. Perspective. It's good for us. Like those sprints and hills.
I think your idea of working out together is a really great one! Hope you come, hope you come, hope you come!