why is it so hard sometimes? UPDATED

its so interesting to me how just getting out there and getting workout done can be like a climb to Mount Everest! Seriously
why do we do this to ourselves?
it seems the life goes in cycles, our workouts are not different.. the longer i stay focused on getting fit the more time between what i call "days of i dont wanna"..... .. well this must be my week cause all week it has been a struggle to get these runs in.. to stay focused and positive and to really feel like i CAN do this.

but..
i know its just a phase. and in a few days i will be back to feeling grand and not having to force runs but wake up ready to go..

until then i will come here.. and do some blog therapy .. get inspired by all of you.. and get a run in anyway.

i am off to get 45 mins in on the treadmill.

i will report back when i am done..

I am sure i will feel much much better !


UPDATE

OK.. i just got off the treadmill..........

3.35 miles.. in 45 mins
not too good
BUT
i warmed up for 5 mins
and i cooled down for 6 ..
so that means
3.35 in 34 mins which still isnt that awsome
BUT
i got a phone call and walked for almost 10 mins of that while talking on the phone..

so.. I feel much better...
seems like i have my energy back

and it was so humid out there i sweated like a pig!
first time in a long time i have had sweat drip from the end of my nose!
see how shiny my nose is????????
thats all sweat ladies!

:)

ok.. so glad i got it done.. and was determined to stay on the treadmill not matter how many interruptions!

NOW..
i must go eat.. not good on eats today.. only one meal so far :)

"Life is always better on the other side of a hot sweaty run"

Comments

Josha said…
you're cute and pretty awesome too.
Kate said…
I've decided the only way for me to get through it is to call it my job. Getting/ staying healthy is my PRIMARY job. It's the FIRST thing I have to do before anything else...
JoAnn said…
Love the new colors on da bloggggg. J
Anonymous said…
Ruthie, I have been feeling the same way. I ask myself the same question, "why is it so hard sometimes?" Feeling that way today!(thanks for your always awesome comments!)
JRo said…
Ugh, I desperately need to get on the other side of a hot sweaty run!