todays long run

so.. one of the side effects of me eating too much sugar is not sleeping good. and so it was for last night.. waking up many times is so annoying! so.... today.. going easy on the sug :)

I just finished my 7 mile run.. it was more of a 6 mile run with a 1 mile walk.. but thats ok.
I did 6 miles around campus and then came home to see if any of my kids would want to do the last mile with me in the neighborhood. The boys said no and Cat was still sleeping! (she's had a busy few days :) so .. i took the only family member who was so excited to here me ask if anyone wanted to GO.. Su.(our jack rus.).

I did the 6 miles in 1hour1 min :) thats averaging 10.1 mins a mile.. which was what i was shooting for .. the last mile (#7) was about a 16 min mile :) but it was a nice relaxing walk.

feels good to be done.. felt good to be out and enjoying the run.
Its still strange to me that i dont start feeling really really good until about mile 5... mile six was a blast! i felt great! (weird) its like my body finally agrees with my mind and says.. OK.. its fun to run. .. or could it be a runners high.. i dont know :)

i am off to go shopping for some new running sun glasses:) yippee

blessings
r

Comments

Laura said…
WAY TO GO!
I have yet to do cardio today...it is so hot!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you are going awesome, your running is so inspiring and it sounds like you and I have totally the same reaction to sugar. I haven't had sugar in a week now and I'm feeling so good and lost almost 5 pounds!!!