7 miles and neat story


a 6 miler turned into a 7 miler turned into a 8 miler :) and add a half mile to get up there and back and thats 8 and 1/2 mile this morning :)

I said in the last post i wanted to up my miles.. I have been a bit confused about how to organize my miles since i had trained for the half marathon... i didnt know if i should start over or start where i left off.. so.. i have decided to take a balance between the two.. of course i could change my mind and alter it again after i read a few more books.. but for now.. the training schedule on the side bar is what i will stick with :)

My first mile this morning was relaxing mile 3 was a bit tough .. dont know why... but wow.. mile 5 and 6 and 7 were oh so good. I love that light and free feeling i get when i get to that point.. like i could run forever. :) (but know i cant) ..

I did 7 miles in 1 hour 9 mins. aver pace was 9.8 min per mile and i am happy with that.. anything under 10 at this distance i am happy with..
I decided i need to start a training log for my runs where i log my time.. (if i could find the durn nike plus part then i wouldnt have too.. i could just kick myself for losing it again!!!! urg!)

ok.. so now for the story.
over the last few weeks-months i have seen the same few people out walking and running around campus.. one person is this older Hispanic man.. he walks about 4 miles.. as far as i can figure... anyway.. i have a rule that the first time i see someone when i am running i make it a point to wave or say good morning. and.. this is the case with this grandpa. ... after my 7 miles were done i had finished hard and stopped to turn off my watch, take out my ear phones and enjoy a nice walk home .... around the corner sat this man on a bench.. he looked up and saw me and said with sweet smile "how far dyou run around" twirling his finger in the air. I said.. oh.. 4 times around.. i did 7 miles.. .. he said "well.. i saw you and kept seeing you and you kept running and running .. and i thought.. 'she is is good shape!!!'" ... I laughed and said "awh.. well.. i am trying".. and smiled.. he said "oh no.. you are doing good.. you ARE in good shape.. " I said .. "thanks " and told him I was training for a full marathon.. he said "OH REEEEEEALLY... wow.. that is GOOOOOD" "you are doing good!" .. I smiled and said.. "oh .. thanks.. " and told him to have a great day! ... "see you later!" i said, and he yelled "BYE!" as i left.

what a great encounter.. made that lat mile home all the sweeter.... :)

heres to wishing you some sweet, encouraging people to cross your path today!

OH.. and on the walk home I saw a young girl a bit over weight (much the same size i use to be) who had been jogging for the last 3 miles of my run.. she was struggling .. laboring .. to keep going.. and i smiled at her as she ran by and said "good job! your doing great!" .. she smiled and said "thanks"...

Pass it on:) its fun. :)

off to see what the Saturday holds :)

blessings
ruthie

Comments