finally time to think

:) 

ahhhhh.. a bit of of breather :) 

fence job completed, two weeks until the next art camp... and i have some time to catch my breath :) and catch up with laundry :) . 

I only ran ONCE this week :( not good. The training plan says to run 5 miles tomorrow.. so thats what  i will do.. and i will do next weeks training as it says in the book. I hope missing 2 runs this week wont be too hard on my body AND that i can make the 13.1 on Friday :) I figure if anything else i can walk more than i wanted :) 

I am have a need of some major training adjustments. So.. Thursday i will start weight lifting again. I have pretty much taking a 6 week break from lifting. But I can tell I have lost a signifigant amount of strength in my upper body. SO>. if nothing else I MUST do upper body workouts every week :) I am not too concerned about my leg muscles .. they are still musclular and feel strong.. but my upper body.. getting flabby and weak :) The question is.. what to do if my shoulder still gives me issues. (its still popping in and out of .. well.. its not like its out of joint.. but like a tendon is slipping around inside .. :(.. but it does this about 3 to 4 times a week)... ideas?

also

the next 2 weeks (starting tomorrow) is a practice run for the days that i have camp (again) the second week in July. I MUST get my eats down so I dont completely fall off the healthy eating bandwagon. When life gets busy.. really busy.. i just grab whatever.. or .. worse sometimes.. just skip my meal .. only getting three meals in a day instead of the 5 or 6 i am use too:) 

I recently started writting on a different blog to encourage a local group of folks to become more fit.. i thought i would share the most recent post i did: 

Most people go about there day and probably never really even consider that they are a miracle. I have thought of it occasionally, but mostly I think that of my children and how amazing they are OR my husband and how strong he is, but me? I dont consider myself that special. I am average. I am normal. And.. I think that I am a lot like the average person.

Recently I began training for a half marathon. I have found that this training has brought on more changes than just the ability to run longer than i ever have. I have been amazed at how AMAZING the physical bodies that God gave us and what they can do for us.. IF we just ask them to.

Our bodies are truly a miracle. Designed by an amazingly gracious and inspiring God.

Some people look at themselves as uninspiring and average. But no matter what our ability, no matter if you are a walker, a runner, a swimmer, inactive or active, YOU are amazing. You have an increadible ability that is far beyond what you imagine. God gave you the power to change, the power to influence, the power to inspire.. and all this.. from where you are today.

With all this said. If you are wanting to push the limits for your physical body, if you are wanting to set some goals and attain them, if you wish to change from a “couch potato” to a fit energetic person.. well.. that will happen.. but you must begin where you are today. You need to be patient with yourself and realize that fitness, like a lot of things in life.. takes time. Focus on making progress toward you goal every day. Focus on the amazing person you are and take care of yourself today like the precious person you are in Gods eyes.

Comments

JRo said…
For the meals part... I make a LOT of meat at one time... and then I measure it out into snack size baggies. Then I put those in a gallon freezer bag. I also make lots of rice etc at one time (not as much as the meat, but you get the idea) and I put it in 'serving sized' Tupperware in the fridge. Then I can just grab a snack sized meat from the freezer, and dump out the rice and there I am!
Anonymous said…
love the excerpt from your other blog. i think we do forget we are miracles of God! WE are each special and unique eventhough we feel we are just average!
Anonymous said…
Not sure what to suggest re the shoulder but I have the same issues (sounds like) I had it dislocated when I was much younger and it has never been the same and age and a desk/lab job during part of the year don't help.

I have started doing some shoulder rehab exercises along with my kettlebell exercises and I think they really help. You can find them here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDd6fwUgJIE

I don't know the history on your shoulder really and maybe/probably you are already doing some exercises for it. Pushups kill me now, after a few days I end up not being able to turn my head and with a pop snapple crap noise every time I try to move the shoulder. I think muscle imbalances now are my biggest enemy because with the joint weakened it doesn't take much to throw it off so now I'm going to be extra careful to work all the muscle groups around the shoulder and try not to do anything that overstrengthens in a particular way.