not good.


well.. shoulder still hurts. .. in fact..it woke me up serveral times last night. :(.. this .. is not good. ... I am mad at myself for letting this happen. I knew about my shoulder. of course... and am always careful with it when doing shoulder raises... etc.. but i never dreamed i could hurt it doing bench press. Although i know this probably originated when playing softball.. it frustrating to know about a problem and get hurt anyway... even when you try to be careful.

I am a LOT more concerned now..

the info i read on the net said that if it hurt through the night it was probably a tear. :( ... if its not a tear it would be much better in three days. and totally fine .. if rested by a week. So.... my plan is to wait and rest it.. and see ... probably give it until Monday..

I am off to get ready for Co-op.. I still plan on doing cardio today... but might rest if it hurts too bad.

Signs and symptoms

Signs and symptoms of a rotator cuff injury may include:



  • Pain and tenderness in your shoulder, especially when reaching overhead, reaching behind your back, lifting, pulling or sleeping on the affected side
  • Shoulder weakness
  • Loss of shoulder range of motion
  • Inclination to keep your shoulder inactive

The most common symptom is pain. You may experience it when you reach up to comb your hair, bend your arm back to put on a jacket or carry something heavy. Lying or sleeping on the affected shoulder also can be painful. If you have a severe injury, such as a large tear, you may experience continuous pain and muscle weakness.

Comments

Josha said…
ouch! urgh! Oh man!
I imitate your sentiments! Sorry to hear that your bum shoulder is being a bum again! rest it!!!
Unknown said…
i second that! Take care of yourself!
Sarah said…
I'm soooo sorry! Rest that shoulder good and take it easy, Ruthie! I will pray for you to heal quickly.
sauchagirl said…
Oooh! Ouch! Give it some rest and see how it feels. Thinking of you.