Drastic Changes are Needed (UPDATED)

ok.. I really really do need to make a few drastic changes in my BFL Life.

Let me first say that here it is 915pm and i have yet to workout. No Excuses.. I just put everything else first. So.. my promise is that after i finish this post I will do some form of a workout.. before bed.

Its time for me to face the fact that I have been letting life getting in the way of my plan. (or lack of plan).. Even before the Flu I let life get in my way. Thinking back on things.. when i was working full time, or homeschooling a friends three children as well as my own, or working part time out of the home as a art teacher... I was forced to MAKE time to workout, plan, and eat right. But over the last few months I have gotten out of what use to be my habit of getting up and working out FIRST thing in the morning. I also had a set time I ate everyday.. I was very determined not to fail, not to miss, and to make progress.

I am tired of making excuses, tired of trying to "fight" to fit this in my life.. so.. I MUST make a commitment to working out first thing in the morning. Which means I MUST get to bed earlier.. which means I MUST not drink caffeine, ... its all a big mess.. seeeeeee.

so..
This next week I am making a PROMISE to myself. "I promise myself I will get up and workout first thing in the morning before doing ANYTHING else! After my workout.. my day can begin:)"

Heres to not giving up, not getting so frustrated I get so mad i want to just quit, and remembering this is a lifetime thing.

I feel sooooo great when I workout and eat right.. and it continually amazes me how difficult it is sometimes! If you would have told me a year and a half ago that I would still struggle with getting "back on the bfl routine" I would have said "whatever" .. Doesnt it make since that after a while it just should become no biggie. Life will always be filled with being sick, kids being sick, phones that ring and call us away to some unplanned event, all the things of life that are important and natural and normal to expect.

This is the whole reason i love the saying "Progress not Perfection" sooo much. I think it would be rediculous to think that being fit and healthy meant being perfect. I use to think that IS what it meant.. but now I know being FIT and Healthy is more about making progress and NOT GIVING UP on ourselves. Life is too short to spend the next 2, 5, 10, or 50 years with a body that brings to me a life of illness, aches, pains, and the "expectation of just growing old to die".. I refuse to be a person who has health, mental, and physical problems that I brought on myself. I want a life of health,... and that.. well...
that means.. making it a priority.
I will either make time to be healthy now.. OR make time to be sick later.

I choose.. health.

I am no off to do a few pushups .. check back in a few and see how many i do! :)

UPDATE:
ok.. so after a few dishes, a few loads of laundry and brushing my teeth.. I have completed some pushups.. 40 to be exact.. and UGH.. were they hard. ... so.. heres to a day where it wasnt perfect as far as bfl is concerned.. but heres to getting off my booty and doing SOMETHING. and feeling good about it!

blessings
ruthie

Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you! Keep it up!!!!
sauchagirl said…
Good! You finished on a positive. Can't wait to hear how you do the rest of the week. Early mornings. I need to get back into that myself.
JW said…
I am hear rooting you on, Ruthie! We can both do this... I choose Health, too!
Anonymous said…
it's funny how us mother's tend to put everyone and everything else in front of our own needs.
turn the negative into a positive! put that negative energy to use by pushing up the intensity in your workouts. you can do it. it does take a conscious descision to make the right choices. making it a way of life will make it easier. don't break your promise!! i'll check back to see how you are doing!
sauchagirl said…
Wondering how things are going? Make it a great day!