Adveristy- Its still a choice

"Transform adversity into positive energy, by doing so you gain inner strength to deal with anything."-bill phillips


Life is full of Adversity. It always has been.. always will be. The question is what do we do with adversity when it hits our own lives? When it becomes personal? I will admit I have not had that much adversity in my life.. not compaired to a lot of people. But we all have things that can hold us back, right? ..

I have decided to make a post about overcoming adversity so I can look back on it when I get discouraged.....

Small things can spoil our progress and make us want to quit:
  • a sick child(ren)
  • a sore toes
  • aching muscles
  • hurting feet
  • a cold
  • THE cold
  • finals
  • putting other things before our plans to succeed (church activities, running our kids here and there, or those TV shows we cant miss or a book we just HAVE to finish)
  • housework
  • work-work
you get the idea?

So, then, I ask.. (talking to myself here too).. when is it ever OK to quit?

A lot of times we get in the mind set of thinking what we CAN'T do.. but thats when we need to change our perspective. Look at it from a different point of view.... and we will probably realize there is NEVER an good enough reason to give up on your self. .. NEVER.

Below I have posted some pictures, a video and links to help REFOCUS myself when I get down.. maybe it will help you too.. I would love to see others make posts like this on their blogs too .. of your own.. I am sure you have some great ideas, stories and resources. ..

heres are mine:

"Change your Mind, Change your Life"
click here to read his story.















another example:
Jared Horomona from New Zealand
— This 30-year-old from New Zealand loves a challenge. Jared always needs something to focus on, to overcome and to supply him with the satisfaction of achievement. Having cerebral palsy, his lack of coordination and strength in his hands adds to the difficulty of working with weights and other active sports. Jared has completed many challenges that most people wouldn’t even try, despite his adversities. He has completed the New York City Marathon twice, on his crutches. Jared dropped body fat while gaining muscle. "My body is stronger, leaner, fitter and healthier. The set routines of exercise, rest, reading and eating have given me confidence to organize my life in a positive way. I have a stronger belief in myself."











So.. When it comes right down to it..

Do what you CAN..
Focus on what you CAN do.. not what you cant..

Life is too short..


Change your mind....
Change your life!

Comments

JW said…
Great post! I will think on this and see what I come up with.

Question: how do you get your blog to fill the whole screen, width-wise? Mine is a little strip and it drives me batty. I see your sis has the full page, too. THANKS! :)

Janelle
Ruthie said…
Its the template I pick,.. some fill all some just the middle.. :) .. I think there are several but the one I picked was orange and white... I just changed the colors :) .

happy Momday
Unknown said…
Wow! Great post! Getting ready to go lift now...