Bike Texas Country

AHHH.. what a joyful ride this morning! met the girls at 745 this morning and drove to another friends house who lives in the country.. we road about 13 miles. Beautiful weather.. no wind,... cloudy but not rainy.. just a perfect day for a ride. Our average speed was 10MPH which isnt bad for the hills we had to climb! K(the most experienced rider) said this ride was in her #2 spot for riding in around our area :) I rode from Ts house back to mine (about 1/4 of a mile) and found my family had gone to grandma and grandpas house.... so.... I just rode over there.. DH thinks its about three miles to their house... so that would make my total 16 miles ! wow!!! :)

I am sooooooo sore from lunges yesterday... I thought my riding would loosen me up a lot.. it did a bit.. but I still had to stretch when I got home :) (the exercise ball is great for stretching by the way!)..

I got a bike book at the library the other day... called "Cycling Texas" It has bike routes all through texas.. I also just found this site which is a site with tours around austin and fredricksburg:
http://www.cycletexas.com/index.html
and this site has links to bike tours all over texas :)
http://www.biketexas.org/content/view/621/725/

I would love to have a goal of riding to a town close to ours and then eating lunch at the little town and then riding back home :) or having someone come pick us up after.. even cooler would be a girls weekend where we stay in a hotel and then go ride from one town to another.. or better yet.. CAMP... :) I know.. its crazy.. but its sooo much fun to just get out and ride! There is something about it with me.. its work.. but its RELAXING at the same time.. I just guess I am HOOKED!


OK.. enough of me just rambling.. I am off to paint at my MILs house.... I also MUST color my hair and cut the guys hair today as well.. Lots to do :) better get going :)

Comments

Unknown said…
How fun! I miss having a bike in CO. Bike trails = brilliant idea!
Josha said…
sounds great!! You should come and check out the trails here!!!