Scheduling progress

ok.. I just had to post and let you know that I have made progress in another area this week. Last week it was all about making a scheduled eating menu.. this week it was all about home-schooling.
Last semester has been a bit of a hap hazard home-schooling semester.. Never getting in to a good routine.. although I tried several times it never stuck. So this morning I sat with the kids and we came up with our schedule. Today it worked out great! We did have to adjust it a bit because we had friends come over to play but I am so looking forward to tomorrow! I decided I should share my planned schedule so you can see:

Wake up 7:30
make beds
get dressed
eat breakfast
brush teeth
walk su
feed su
--------9:00 Start school-------
9.00 Bible reading, scripture memory and prayers (kids will take turns praying.. I will
also alternate who reads from the Bible to us as a group)

9:45 Math (working in book individually and then flash cards/games)

10:45 Memory work (states and capitols song, nations of the world song, Days of the month song, presidents song, preamble, and Latin memory chants)

11:00 Latin (together)

11:45- 15 min break before lunch (Mom gets lunch ready)

12:00 Lunch

12:30 We will have individual times with the following:
Joseph- reading with mom
Nate- handwriting by himself
Cat- English

1:00 We will have individual times with the following:
Nate: Reading with mom
Joseph: Handwriting
Cat: Spelling

2:00 We will be together again for Science/History

2:45 Individual Journaling time (handwriting and story telling time)-(mom does assigning and then cleans kitchen changes out laundry)

3:30 Free play (Mom free time )

4:00 chore time

4:30 Free play (Mom weight lifting time)

6:00 Supper

630 Wheel of fortune as a family (or free time for kids)

7:00 Kids free time (non-tv non-video game time... so reading, drawing, active play)

8:15 bath time

8:30 bed time (in bed with books or mom reading aloud)

9:00 Lights out

Any time we have extra will be filled in with reading or piano time.

------------------
Oh that feels so good to have all that down!

I have not gotten my workout in today but I will stick with the schedule above and post afterwards... My eats have been PERFECT today.. and I am feeling so good! Its nice to have my energy back after that weekend of low nutrient now energy food I had!

Cant wait to see your posts!

better go get laundry on!

Progress.. is so nice!

Comments

Josha said…
Your schedule looks great! Ours keeps changing too. Can't wait to hear how your lifting went. What is on tap for cardio tomorrow?? Is hubby still BFL-ing?
Ruthie said…
Hubbys is still at it! yipee! .. he is reading absolution right now.. i am fixing to hit the gym in a second.. just had to check my blog to see what lifts i was spose to do.. since I didnt lift on friday I cant remember :) ..
cardio tomorrow.. Treadmill hiits ONLY 20mins then walking the dog with the kids :)

more later
r