Cool Morning Run

Well.. felt AWEFUL this morning when I woke up.. I dont know what is wrong with me.. but I sure am tired.. I think I will have to take a nap this afternoon.. if I can get the kids to co-operate..
I woke up at 6am.. without the alarm but rolled over and went back to sleep.. my alarm went off at 635 and i was like UHHHHHG! .. I cant get up.. I can t get up .. I cant get up.. ...

so I laid there..

Until 650.. Heres my self talk this morning:
"I cant get up, I feel aweful. I will just run later, I am so tired, (pause), ok.. well, angell has been done with her workout for over an hour, I bet you she was tired too.. .. (pause) .. I am so tired.. its probably really cool outside, I want to stay warm, I am so tired, ... (pause).. but I bet its REALLY cold up there where Josha has to run.. .. OH.. I will just go back to sleep.. Iwill run later.. .. (pause).. NO! .. not gona miss.. I havet missed, and I am not going to miss today.. I would feel worse if I didnt go.. so get your butt up out out of this bed!"


SO I did! .. Left the house at 7am.. it was what I consider cold (in the 60s) and I thought.. OH.. ITS COLD.. I need a jacket.. I should just go home and get one.. but I said "NO".. I will just run to stay warm.. .. and thats what I did.. ..
what is so interesting to me is that today I ran about a 8 or 9 minute mile.. I was completely finished with the run in 20 mins (2miles).. and I stopped for aleast 4 mins to stretch.. so I was really happy I did go.. The sunrise was beautiful.. the clouds were pink, purple, and gold.. the birds were flying around the pond, and the breeze was nice...

I am glad I went.. I am tired... but I am glad I went...

Psalm 18
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.

34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

35 You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.

36 You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.


"Spirit...has fifty times the strength and staying power of brawn and muscle."
Unknown

"I was out training one black night when I heard a noise. I turned around and saw a leopard. I threw some stones at him and he went away, so I went on my way."
Filbert Bayi, on training in Tanzania
(see any leopards on your run today?.. I think next time I have a hard time getting out of bed to run I will think "if he can run with the leopards.. whats my excuse?"

blessings
r

Comments

Josha said…
That's so funny about the leaopard. One reason I don't run earlier than I do is because I am afraid I will come up on a bear. Maybe I should just carry some stones with me.
Ruthie said…
NO.. YOU NEED A GUN!..